TYSA concert dress code is transitioning to “concert black” for all performances.
All TYSA students are asked to choose the components of their concert black attire within the following guidelines:
- solid black long-sleeve dress shirt or long-sleeve blouse (no low necklines or backless choices)
- solid black dress pants, slacks, skirt, or dress (skirt length must be floor length)
- please wear a black belt with your pants/slacks if needed.
- black socks or black opaque stockings/tights
- black dress shoes (heels are not recommended, particularly for musicians who stand to perform)
Please note: TYSA students are also permitted to wear the white tuxedo shirt/black slacks/skirt, tuxedo attire, or Angelique dress from previous years if preferred.
Please do not wear:
- black jeans or leggings
- T-shirts or tank tops
- sneakers or black shoes with colored stripes or logos
- white socks or colored socks other than solid black
Any questions about concert attire? Please contact the TYSA office at 253-627-2792.